Monday, July 29, 2013

Je t'aime Paris


The tune of the word Paris (pa-REE) makes me feel like I should already be on a plane, on my way to this amazing place. There is something magical about that city situated on the River Seine. It gets me excited knowing it exists! I seem to have developed an undying love for a place I've never been to. Is that even possible?

My love began the day I cancelled my flight with Swiss Air bound for Switzerland. I simply set my heart on reusing the ticket to see Paris. I decided to fly the following year to Geneva, Switzerland and from there, take the 250 mile scenic route to Paris by train. Searching for a perfect hotel was already a tedious process. Looking for a flight with an arrival that will perfectly match with the departure time of the train was an added scuffle. But it was finding out that I’m only able to use my ticket within thirty days from the day I made a phone call to reschedule my flight that made everything fall apart. Not only was it going to be extremely costly due to the Olympics, it was also too short of a notice to request for a vacation from work. I was more disheartened by the opportunity lost than the wasted ticket that cost me quite a fortune when I purchased it.

I'm still a dreamer who wishes to set foot in the City of Lights or what I prefer to say, La Ville-Lumière. I feel like saying certain things in French gets me one step closer to being there. Haha! If I can only impulsively purchase a ticket again and jet there... hey after all, it we only live once right? But as much as I would like to, I don't think it's my time to visit yet. The company I dream of working for happen to have a firm in Ile-de-France... And who knows, maybe, one day, I get to accomplish both at the same time. In the meantime, I'll keep Paris in my bucket list!

Every great dream begins with a dreamer

xoxo
Ina

No comments:

Post a Comment